Derived from the term Enterprise Resource Planning, ERP , it is a tool that offers easy accessibility to manage the company data that is stored by the software. From this, the entrepreneur can make diagnoses and strategies about the business based on results or lack of specific sectors.
When the company works with a unified system, internal organization becomes easier and, consequently, improves the customer’s shopping experience.
How does the ERP system work in practice?
The management tool essentially works to keep track of information: stock, sales, purchases, records. However, the evolution of the tool allows the entrepreneur to enjoy integrations a lot, whether to sell on marketplaces or even deliver their products through integrated logistics, with agility and security.
With the information unified and automatically updated by the ERP, the duplication of information is eliminated, and managers start thinking about the business in a more creative way, since the tool is responsible for part of the process. For example, the ERP identifies the availability of products in stock and the information is automatically updated, avoiding errors in the process.
Main features of ERP
As mentioned, the management system is responsible for integrating various areas of the company, as well as optimizing procedures that streamline the work, facilitating processes such as:
- Inventory control;
- Cash and financial control;
- Sales management;
- Integrations to marketplaces;
- Registration of customers and suppliers
- Fiscal sector;
Another important feature is data security, because through the management software that provides subsidies for information security. It is not only a tool to contribute to management processes, but also to protect customer data and be able to stand out among competitors. For this to happen, it is important that the ERP is online and with cloud storage, also providing mobility to the business management access.
Advantages of ERP for your business
Perhaps the main advantages of ERP are really the centralization of information and the reduction of costs to the business. However, other advantages are important to be highlighted:
- Sales scalability: For the business to grow and be able to sell on multiple platforms, it is important that ERP offers these integrations in order to increase the reach of the business and, consequently, of sales.
- Team productivity: The time saved by the team can be used to think about sales strategies, campaigns, new channels and also new products and niches. In other words, automating means optimizing time and producing more with better quality.
- Flexibility: Especially in times of remote work, it is important for the business to be managed from anywhere and at any time. This brings flexibility to the team without leaving the company’s controls.
- Integration : When the business becomes integrated, it is a great advantage. From the integration between the internal sectors of the business, which unifies information and ensures greater assertiveness in the administration, and also the external integration with sales platforms and partners for the delivery logistics. The integration between inventory, invoice issuance, cash front and customer delivery is a formula for success, optimizing routine and ensuring good shopping experiences.
- Security: A cloud system is advantageous over a local storage system, as it ensures greater security for the company. While the local system is stored on a server that can present problems, the ERP in the cloud guarantees less risk of fraud or intrusion, and does not require an IT staff for maintenance, also promoting savings.
Integrated management as a growth tool for the business
Using an integrated ERP is also an important strategy for business growth. This gives more modernity to the company, which can manage the company in a more simplified and automated way, ensuring the best experience for the customer. Integrated management is important to unify information and scale the business. If you are not a Bling customer yet, take a free trial and understand using the system its advantages, from customer registration, issuing invoices and bills, financial control to integrations to sales and delivery channels through logistics partners.